- Business Starter, Standard, and Plus
- Enterprise Starter and Standard
- Frontline Starter and Standard
- Education Standard
Why it matters
- Creating AppSheet-powered no-code Chat apps for Google Workspace.
- AppSheet databases make it easy for you to organize and manage the data that power your apps directly inside AppSheet. See our Developer Blog for more information.
- Building custom automations with email, chat, and push notifications that integrate into your workflows.
- Sharing with external app users
- Connecting to external app data
- Automation emails to external recipients
- For Admins with existing AppSheet usage, this setting will be OFF by default to ensure no existing apps are disrupted.
- For Admins without existing AppSheet usage, the setting will be ON by default.
You’ll begin seeing the new setting in the coming weeks, see the "Rollout" section below for more details.
- If you’re currently paying for AppSheet Core licenses, they will have to be canceled manually. Impacted customers will receive a notification via email in the coming weeks with more information and next steps.
- Before changing the Core License Security Setting, Admins should check with their AppSheet creators to ensure any active applications don’t rely on the features controlled by the Core License Security Setting. Admins can get a basic understanding of which users are using AppSheet by running a User Report in the Google Workspace Admin Console.
- Visit the AppSheet Help Center to learn more about getting started with AppSheet.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 25, 2023
- AppSheet Core licenses are already included for domain-verified Google Workspace Enterprise Plus, Enterprise Essentials Plus, and Education Plus users.
- AppSheet Core licenses will now be included for domain-verified Google Workspace Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Starter, Enterprise Standard, Frontline Starter and Standard, Nonprofits, and Education Standard customers
- Google Workspace for Education users designated as under the age of 18 are restricted from using AppSheet with their Google Workspace for Education accounts. For more information, use this article in our Help Center about controlling access to Google services by age.