Previously, users in organizational units (OUs) or groups with active Drive Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies couldn’t respond to external forms with File Upload questions.
Now, we’re launching a new beta that will allow users to respond to external forms that contain File Upload questions, while also helping to prevent the leak of sensitive and confidential information. This beta will apply your domain’s existing Drive DLP policies to files that your users submit to Google Forms, without creating new rules or updating any existing ones.
Admins of eligible customers can express interest in the beta using this form.
Admins and end users
Why it’s important
With this launch, end users will be unblocked from responding to Google Forms with File Upload questions across domains. At the same time, DLP gives admins control over what their users can share, and prevents unintended exposure of sensitive information such as credit card numbers or personal identifiable information.
- Use this form to express interest in the beta.
- Once accepted into the beta, Drive DLP rules defined for your domain will be applied to files submitted to File Upload questions in Google Forms.
- If you are not using DLP for Drive, you can create DLP rules at the domain, OU, or group level in the Admin console under Security > Data protection. You can apply block, warn or audit actions, consistent with DLP for Drive.Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning data loss prevention in Google Forms on for your organization.
- End users:
- End users can respond to forms as usual, but can now respond to forms outside their domain, including forms that have File Upload questions.
- If a form violates Drive DLP rules for their domain, end users may see warnings or be blocked from submitting.
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Standard and Education Plus customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers