Quick launch summary
We’ve launched Macro Converter for Google Sheets. This Google Workspace add-on will help convert Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code used in Microsoft Excel macros to Apps Script code that works in Google Sheets.
Many organizations use macros in Sheets and Excel to automate processes. Google Workspace Enterprise Plus customers can use the Macro Conversion add-on to determine the compatibility of Excel files, and help convert them where possible. This can help teams to recreate Excel macros in Sheets, which can help teams save time through automation while reducing the work needed to convert files.
- Admins: Admins can manage how add-ons are used in their organization. Visit our Help Center to learn how to allow or restrict add-ons in Docs editors.
- End users: To get started, download the add-on from the Google Workspace Marketplace. Visit our Help Center to learn more about converting Excel files to Google Sheets files, or learn more in the Apps Script Macro Converter documentation.
- This is available now for all users.
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Plus and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, and Enterprise Standard, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, and Nonprofits customers