Email log search gives admins the ability to sift through the delivery logs for their domains and evaluate message transit. This is useful for tracking down a sender or recipient's missing messages, such as those that have been quarantined as spam or otherwise routed incorrectly. Admins also use this tool to determine the IP addresses sending and receiving mail or troubleshoot how policies affect mail flow.
Today we’re launching several improvements to email log search, including:
- Displaying compliance rule executions
- Allowing export of log search results to Google Sheets
- Note: the export/download button has moved from above and below the search results to the upper right of the screen (see screenshot below)
- Correct list expansion when the sender or recipient changes
- Note: Admins should anticipate seeing more details appear in messages where information changes during the lifecycle of a message
- Improving visibility of message transit time
- Time is now shown per recipient on the message details page
- Label and informational message changes
To access email log search, click on Reports -> Audit -> Email Log Search from Admin console.
Rapid release and Scheduled release
For more information:Help Center
Note: all launches are applicable to all Google Apps editions unless otherwise noted
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates