If you have client-side encryption enabled for Docs, Sheets and Slides, you can now make a copy of an existing encrypted document, spreadsheet or presentation. Encryption will be preserved when copies of the file are made. This feature makes it easier to leverage existing content as a baseline for new encrypted Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: When client-side encryption is enabled in Google Docs, Sheets or Slides, simply navigate to File > Make a copy. Visit the help center to get started with encrypted files in Drive, Docs, Sheets & Slides.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 26, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 9, 2022
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Plus, Education Standard and Education Plus customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers