In July 2022, we announced an open beta for trust rules in Google Drive. Beginning today, this feature will become available for eligible Google Workspace customers.
Trust rules give admins more control over how files can be shared, both within and outside of their organization. For example, admins can limit what specific departments can access versus other parts of their organization. See our original announcement for more information.
- Admins: Eligible Admins can enable this feature in the Admin console by going to the Rules > Turn on trust rules. Visit the Help Center to learn more about trust rules.
- End users: Your Admin’s trust rules will determine who you can share and collaborate with on Drive files.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout will complete by November 8, 2022
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Plus, Enterprise Standard, Education Plus, and Education Standard Customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers