We're taking VAST 3 support out of beta and launching it as a supported feature of the IMA SDKs for Flash, HTML5, iOS, and Android. VAST 3 adds support for a host of new features, including:
- Enhanced reporting metrics and error codes.
- Customizable skip times.
- Ad podding.
- Enhanced support for adaptive bitrate creatives (e.g., HLS).
- Alternative companion creatives in HTML5 and iOS.
- Icons in HTML5.
- Companion adSlotId attribute in HTML5.
There are still a few features of VAST 3 that we will continue to add over time. Those include:
- Alternative companion creatives in Flash and Android.
- Companion adSlotId attribute in Flash, iOS, and Android.
- Standardized fallback with the fallbackOnNoAd attribute.
Your IMA SDK integration already supports VAST 3 without any code changes on your end, but you will need to adjust your serving settings. To start serving VAST 3 check out the DFP help center articles for Small Business or Premium, depending on your account type.