We're taking VAST 3 support out of beta and launching it as a supported feature of the IMA SDKs for Flash, HTML5, iOS, and Android. VAST 3 adds support for a host of new features, including:
- Enhanced reporting metrics and error codes.
- Customizable skip times.
- Ad podding.
- Enhanced support for adaptive bitrate creatives (e.g., HLS).
- Alternative companion creatives in HTML5 and iOS.
- Icons in HTML5.
- Companion adSlotId attribute in HTML5.
There are still a few features of VAST 3 that we will continue to add over time. Those include:
- Alternative companion creatives in Flash and Android.
- Companion adSlotId attribute in Flash, iOS, and Android.
- Standardized fallback with the fallbackOnNoAd attribute.
Your IMA SDK integration already supports VAST 3 without any code changes on your end, but you will need to adjust your serving settings. To start serving VAST 3 check out the DFP help center articles for Small Business or Premium, depending on your account type.
For more information on the features and benefits of VAST 3, check out the IAB documentation. As always, if you have any questions feel free to contact us via the support forum.