What’s changingYou can now embed a stream of posts from a Google+ search in the new Google Sites. This search could contain simple keywords or advanced search operators.
This builds on our previous launch, which helped you embed community pages, profiles, and other Google+ streams in new Sites.
Who’s impactedEnd users
Why you’d use itWhen you embed a stream from G+, users will see the exact same content, whether they’re viewing it on plus.google.com or within an embedded module in a Sites page. They’ll also be able to interact with the content, and have that interaction show in both locations. This can help you create more engaging sites with dynamic and collaborative content from Google+.
By embedding a stream from a Google+ search, you could embed posts from specific people, or you can embed a Google+ stream that aggregates posts from multiple G+ communities. Users will be able to see the content and interact with it if they choose.
How to get started
- Admins: No action needed.
- End users: Use the Help Center to find out how to embed Google+ content in Sites.
Helpful linksHelp Center: Add Google files, video & more to Google Sites
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on Jan 15, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on Jan 15, 2019
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default
Stay up to date with G Suite launches
- Get G Suite product update alerts by email
- See the G Suite launch release calendar
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates
Notice the new format for these launch announcements? Give us feedback on it here.