What’s changingGoogle Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites will be getting a new look and feel on the web. While there are no functionality changes, users will notice some visual improvements, including:
- Interface typography that uses Google’s custom-designed and highly-legible typefaces
- Controls (like buttons, dialogs, and sidebars) that are updated and consistent
- Iconography that is legible and crisp, with a fresh feel
The four products in this update join other G Suite products like Gmail and Calendar in sharing a common design language.
Why you’d use itThis style change is part of a new, consistent design approach from Google. You can expect to see similar changes across other G Suite applications in the future.
How to get started
- Admins: No action needed
- End users: You’ll see the new look coming your way.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on January 15, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on February 11, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite Enterprise, G Suite for Education, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and G Suite for Nonprofits
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches
- Get G Suite product update alerts by email
- See the G Suite launch release calendar
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates