We’re improving search rankings in Cloud Search by taking into account document popularity. This means documents that have been clicked on by a large number of users will be prioritized in the overall search rankings. By surfacing popular and useful documents that match a user’s query, this will help reduce the effort and time required to find relevant documents.
- Admins: The feature is available by default. Use this guide to learn more about the use of Document Popularity in Cloud Search ranking. Note: You need to use the default redirect URLs for search results when using Cloud Search Query API for this feature to work.
- End Users: No effort needed.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available now.
- Available to all Google Cloud Search customers
- Available to Google Workspace Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, and Education Plus customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers