In 2021, we launched a feature allowing you to indicate if you are working from home or the office directly on your Calendar.
Now you’re able to select a specific office building as your working location. The office building is taken into account for meeting room suggestions, and helps colleagues better understand where you plan to work from on a given day.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Whether you’re suggesting a meeting room to your colleagues or want to know where someone might be working for the day, we hope this update makes planning in-person collaboration easier.
With this new feature, those who manage the calendars of others, such as Executive assistants, will also be able to update the working location of that calendar as long as they have access to make changes and manage sharing.
- Admins: Working Location must be enabled for your organization in order to access this feature. Additionally, structured office buildings must be set in the admin console. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning working location on or off for your organization.
- End users: If enabled by your admin, you can select a structured building by choosing one of the following options:
- Click on your Calendar schedule right under the date, navigate to the “Working location” tab > “Choose a location” > click the "+" icon > "Another office" > select your office building.
- Go to "Working hours & location" in your Calendar settings. Under the working location dropdown > click "Another office" > select your office building.
- Visit the Help Center to learn more about setting your working hours & location.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 8, 2022
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, and Nonprofits, as well as legacy G Suite Business customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, Frontline customers as well as legacy G Suite Basic customers
- Not available to users with personal Google Accounts