Quick launch summaryWe’re making improvements to how you manage rules related to mobile device management (MDM) in the Admin console. There are two key aspects of the launch:
- A new location for MDM rules: You can now manage rules at Devices > Security rules. Previously, MDM rules were managed at Admin console > Rules.
- New rule options and creation workflow: You’ll see a new flow to create MDM rules, including new conditions which can trigger rules, and new device management and notification actions to take as a result.
Use our Help Center to learn more about managing MDM rules for your organization. Note that any previously created rules will continue to function as before. However, you’ll be able to use the new flow and options if you update the rules.
- Admins: The new interface and rule creation workflow will be ON by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about managing MDM rules for your organization.
- End users: No end user impact.
Device management rules are now in the Security rules section of the Admin console
A sample screen from the new rule creation flow
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on January 13, 2020
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, Enterprise for Education, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, and Nonprofits customers