At Google Cloud Next 2021, we announced the Google Forms API Beta, which provides programmatic access for managing Google Forms and acting on responses— empowering developers to build powerful integrations on top of Forms.
The Google Forms API is now rolling out as an Open Beta which means developers who are part of our Early Adopter Program can make their integrations available to the public. We’ll no longer require individual end-user accounts to be allowlisted. Developers should keep in mind, however, that their integrations are in Beta.
Developers can apply to join our Early Adopter Program and begin developing using the Google Forms API by filling out this form.
See below for more information.
Admins and developers
Why you’d use it
The Google Forms API provides programmatic access to manage Forms and receive responses, supporting the development of a variety of powerful integrations. For example, the API could be utilized to develop real-time dashboards or data visualizations, trigger business workflows incorporating project management, CRM, or LMS tools, or auto-generate forms from question banks or other data sets.
The API is useful for a variety of tasks such as:
- Creating and modifying forms or quizzes
- Retrieving form responses or quiz grades
- Reading form content and metadata
- Receiving push notifications for form or quiz responses and updates
- Admins: Admins can use the Admin console to manage which integrations are authorized to access Google Workspace data. Visit the Help Center to learn more about controlling which third-party & internal apps access Google Workspace data. Use this developer guide to learn more about the Forms API. NOTE: Restricting access to Google's Drive service will restrict access to the Google Forms API
- Developers: Use this form to request access to the Forms API Early Adopter Program and this guide to learn more about the API.
- End users: No action required.
Integration availability for end users
- Rapid Release domains: Available now for all users.
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for all feature availability) starting on December 7, 2021
- Developers can apply for access to the Google Forms API through our Early Adopter Program.
- Google Workspace Admin Help: Control which third-party & internal apps access Google Workspace data
- Google Forms for Developers: Form API
- Google Forms API Early Adopter Program Form