In 2022, we introduced Access Approvals, which enables customers to control when Google support personnel can access specific data during support and general maintenance. Beginning today, we’re introducing additional options that provide customers even more control over these data interactions:
- Specify: Google support personnel can indicate which specific product data they need access to - for example: Gmail data only, instead of all Workspace Data.
- Access duration: Specify a time limit wherein data can be accessed.
- Control: Revoke previously granted access if no longer applicable.
- Context: Denote the reason an access request was approved or denied, or why a previously approved request was revoked, to streamline the process for future requests.
Why it’s important
We know it’s essential that our customers have visibility and control over their systems and data and how they’re accessed by any third party, including Google. Introducing additional controls for our customers helps ensure that their data is accessed in an explicitly consensual manner that best suits the needs of their business.
Read more about Sovereign Controls for Google Workspace, Client-side encryption, data regions, and Access Management capabilities, for more information on how we provide our customers solutions to reach their digital sovereignty goals.
- Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about Access Approvals, Access Management and Access Transparency.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 11, 2023
- Access Approvals is part of Google Workspace Assured Controls, which is available as an add-on for Google Workspace Enterprise Plus customers only. For more information, contact your Google account representative.