Quick launch summary
In 2017, we announced that we would replace classic Sites with new Sites, and in 2019 we announced that domains will have until the end of 2021 to complete the transition.
To help Admins and end users manage the transition to new Sites, we introduced the Classic Sites Manager in 2020. In May 2021, we added the ability to bulk delete, restore, and update ownership of sites. Today, we’re adding additional new features to the Classic Sites Manager for Admins:
- Bulk download an archive of a selection of sites via Takeout,
- Bulk disable and/or re-enable the ability for users to edit a selection of sites.
We hope the ability to take these actions in bulk will help our customers migrate from classic Sites to new Sites more easily.
- Super Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about designating a different OU or Group as Admins for the Classic Sites Manager.
- Admins and end users: Use our Help Center to learn more about the Classic Sites Manager and our migration guide to plan for the transition from classic Sites to new Sites.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 21, 2021
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers