In addition to checking student work for matches across billions of web pages and books, originality reports can now check for matches against a repository of student work within your domain.
Once school matches are enabled by your admin, submitted assignments will automatically be added to your school-owned private repository after an originality report is run. If a match is detected amongst other documents in the repository, the match is included as a flagged passage for the educator to review. This can make it easier for instructors to evaluate the academic integrity of the student’s work and provide them with constructive feedback.
Admins and end users
Why it’s important
School matches allow educators to compare student work within their school without compromising student privacy--with originality reports, you own your school’s repository of papers. Admins can also manually add or remove work from their school’s repository.
- Admins: School matches are OFF by default and can be enabled for your organization. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to enable school matches and manually add or remove work from your school’s repository.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about using originality reports.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available now for all users.
- Available to Education Plus customers. Also available with the Teaching and Learning Upgrade.
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Frontline and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers