When using Companion mode in Google Meet, you can now turn your camera on and share your video feed with all other participants. For in-room participants attending a hybrid meeting, this feature helps improve collaboration and representation equity by giving everyone the ability to share their own video with other on-call participants.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users:
- This feature will be available by default. You can join a meeting on the web using Companion mode from the green room before your meeting. To share your video feed, select “Turn on camera” from the Meet toolbar.
- Use this Help Center article and video guide to learn more about using Companion mode in Google Meet.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 3, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 17, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers