If you’re using captions in Google Meet, you now have the option to include those captions in a meeting recording. Including captions in your meeting recordings can help make them more useful and accessible for meeting participants.
Note that to record a meeting, the feature must be enabled by your admin and you have to be:
- The meeting host.
- Part of the host’s organization. Note that if host management is on, you’ll need to be a meeting co-host to use this feature.
- Promoted to a co-host if you are outside the meeting hosts's organization.
- A teacher or co-teacher for meetings created through Google Classroom.
- Admins: Meeting recordings must be enabled to use this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning recording on or off for Google Meet.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about using captions in a meeting and recording a video meeting.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) February 8, 2023
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 1, 2023
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Plus, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade customers