We’ve made two improvements which will make file sharing in Google Meet even easier:
First, you can now share access to the content you’re presenting in a meeting with attendees, including everyone on the Calendar guest list, directly from Meet. While presenting, you can share the file from the floating action menu or via the suggestion in the Meet Chat.
Meeting attendees will see a notification when you’ve shared a file, and a link to the file will be automatically shared in the meeting chat.
Second, whenever you paste a link into the meeting chat, you’ll be prompted with the file access dialog — from here you can adjust access as needed and choose to attach the file to the calendar event.
Why it’s important
By allowing sharing directly from Meet, you can seamlessly share presented content without having to switch into another window to grant access, which can be disruptive. This makes it easier for meeting attendees to follow along with your presentation, find and reference your material later on, and continue working on action items from the meeting.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: These updates will be available by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about presenting during a video meeting.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on January 25, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on February 14, 2023
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts