Posted by Erica Hanson, Google Developer Relations
This spring, Google and Developer Student Clubs are looking for new passionate student leaders from universities across the globe!
Developer Student Clubs is a program with Google Developers. Through in-person meetups, university students are empowered to learn together and use technology to solve real life problems with local businesses and start-ups.
Less than two years ago, DSC launched in parts of Asia and Africa where 90,000+ students have been trained on Google technologies; 500+ solutions built for 200+ local startups and organizations and 170+ clubs participated in our first Solution Challenge!
Bridging the gap between theory and practical application, Google aims to provide student developers with the resources, opportunities and the experience necessary to be more industry ready.
You may be wondering what the benefit of being a Developer Student Club Lead is? Well, here are a few reasons:
- Help students grow as developers
- Gain access to Google technology and platforms at no cost
- Build prototypes and solutions for local problems
- Participate in a global developer competition
- Get invitations to select Google events and conferences
- Be recognized as a collaborator with Google Developers
Apply to be a Developer Student Club Lead at g.co/dev/dsc.
Deadline to submit applications has been extended to June 15th.