Posted by Mary Chen, Strategy Lead, Actions on Google
This year at Google I/O, the Actions on Google team is sharing new ways developers of all types can use the Assistant to help users get things done. Whether you’re making Android apps, websites, web content, Actions, or IoT devices, you’ll see how the Assistant can help you engage with users in natural and conversational ways.
Tune in to our announcements during the developer keynote, and then dive deeper with our technical talks. We listed the talks out below by area of interest. Make sure to bookmark them and reserve your seat if you’re attending live, or check back for livestream details if you’re joining us online.
For anyone new to building for the Google Assistant
- Tue May 7, 5pm – Intro to the Google Assistant: Build Your First Action
For Android app developers
- Wed May 8, 9:30am – Extend Your Android App to the Google Assistant
For webmasters, web developers, and content creators
- Wed May 8, 10:30am – Enhance Your Search and Assistant Presence With Structured Data
For smart home developers
- Wed May 8, 8:30am – Smart Home 101: How to Develop for the Connected Home
- Wed May 8, 5:30pm – Local Technologies for the Smart Home
- Thu May 9, 9:30am – Tools for Building Better Smart Home Actions
For anyone building an Action from scratch
- Wed May 8, 11:30am – Build Interactive Games for the Google Assistant
- Wed. May 8, 3:30pm – 10 Best Practices for High Quality Actions
- Wed. May 8, 4:30pm – Voice and Visual: How to Build Actions for Smart Displays and More Devices
- Thu. May 9, 2:30pm – Let’s Talk: Designing Quality Conversations for the Google Assistant
For insight and beyond
- Wed May 8, 12:30pm – Reach the Next Billion Users with Your Actions for the Google Assistant
- Thu May 9, 10:30am – How We Built the Google Assistant Sandbox Demos (And How You Can Too)
- Thu. May 9, 12:30pm – Data and Insights to Build for the Digital Assistant Era
In addition to these sessions, stay tuned for interactive demos and codelabs that you can try at I/O and at home. Follow @ActionsOnGoogle for updates and highlights before, during, and after the festivities.
See you soon!