With the new YouTube WatchMe for Android project, you can easily integrate YouTube Live Streaming into your Android app. YouTube WatchMe brings your app the same live broadcasting capabilities that you've seen in great apps like Live on YouTube – by Xperia™ and Re – by HTC.
YouTube WatchMe for Android is an open-source project that uses the YouTube Data API v3, YouTube Live Streaming API, Google Play Services and Plus API. You can customize it for your app, and you can also contribute to the project by filing merge requests for new features or submitting bug reports.
How to start using the app
- Sync the Github repo
- In your Google Developer Console,
- Enable the Youtube Data API v3 and Google+ API.
- Create a client ID for Android, using your SHA1 and package name.
- Include cross-platform compiled streaming libraries.
- libffmpeg.so under src/main/jniLibs/armeabi,
- another streaming library with modifying VideoStreamingInterface
This App is still experimental, so stay tuned here and subscribe to the YouTube for Developers channel to keep up on the latest.
—Ibrahim Ulukaya, and the YouTube API Team