Supported by Google and Knight Foundation, the Data Journalism Awards are a fantastic opportunity for media innovators to showcase their work, and the prizes are worth €1,500 each. Previous winners include The New York Times, La Nacion, Kiln and Detective.io, as well as individuals such as Chad Skelton:
The #DJA2015 awards will recognise the best work in 10 categories:
- Data visualisation of the year
- Investigation of the year
- News data app of the year
- Data journalism website of the year
- Best individual portfolio
- Best use of data in a breaking news story
- Open data award
- Best entry from a small newsroom
- General excellence (jurors’ choice and public choice).
It’s easy to enter on the GEN Community website, where can explore last year’s winners and short-listed projects, as well as this year’s entrants
The winners will be announced during a gala dinner at the Global Editors Network Summit in Barcelona on June 18. Good luck!