The most watched YouTube ad in Australia in 2015 was for mobile game Clash of Clans, capping off a huge year for the brand which now has over 3.7m subscribers.
Alongside Clash of Clans, Coca Cola’s Remove Labels and Pandora’s Unique Connection delivered longer-form videos that pulled at the heartstrings of their respective audiences.
However it was local creative from Australia and New Zealand that took out more than half of the top 10 places. Dolmio’s “Pepper Hacker” brought families together, Honda shook up the automotive scene with their take on lucid dreaming, and Leaderboard regulars Air New Zealand continued to reap dividends for their entertaining take on safety videos.
The top 10 ads featured on the Leaderboard are calculated using an algorithm that factors in organic and paid views, watch time and also audience retention.
- Clash of Clans: Ride of the Hog Riders
- Did Ricky Gervais just do that to Optus?
- Technology has hijacked family dinnertime. Watch the Pepper Hacker reclaim it.
- شوف الناس بقلبك في رمضان | Remove labels this Ramadan
- The unique connection
- All-new Honda HR-V
- Rugby player with life-threatening disease – Nathan Charles | UNSTOPPABLE NUTRI-GRAIN
- The Lexus Hoverboard: It's here
- Men In Black Safety Defenders #AirNZSafetyVideo
- Air New Zealand’s Safety Safari #AirNZSafetyVideo
Now in its third year, the 2015 Ads Leaderboard showcases how brands are continuing to find new ways to capture people’s imaginations on YouTube. YouTube watch time is up 60% since last year, and with Australians spending more and more time on YouTube, we look forward to seeing the work that brands create, broadcast and share in 2016.