This year’s NZ Ads Leaderboard showcases brands that are finding new ways to capture people’s imaginations on YouTube, from Energy Online’s door knocking prank to longer form “made-for-web ads” from the likes of Lotto New Zealand and Air New Zealand.
The most watched YouTube ad in New Zealand this year was Air New Zealand’s Men in Black Safety Defenders. This marked the second year that the airline has taken out top spot with their entertaining take on safety videos.
Global brands made an appearance with Adidas’ There Will Be Haters, Coca Cola’s Remove Labels and Pandora’s Unique Connection delivering longer-form videos that grabbed and held the attention of their respective audiences.
However, it was local creative from New Zealand that took out the majority of the top ten places on offer. Energy Online’s Door Knocker gave the world a fright, Adidas Rugby’s Force of Black fired us up with the All Blacks and Lotto NZ’s Imagine warmed our hearts with their father-son tale.
Here are the top 10 YouTube ads Kiwis chose to watch this year:
- Men In Black Safety Defenders #AirNZSafetyVideo
- Door knocking is so last century. See how we got rid of them.
- شوف الناس بقلبك في رمضان | Remove labels this Ramadan
- The unique connection
- There Will Be Haters feat. Suárez, Bale, James and Benzema -- adidas Football
- World's first Octopus photographer
- Venus Williams and The Best Ball Boys in the World | ASB
- Lotto Powerball "Imagine" - Pop's gift (extended version)
- FORCE OF BLACK | adidas Rugby
- Clash of Clans: Ride of the Hog Riders (Official TV Commercial)
The top 10 ads featured on the Leaderboard are calculated using an algorithm that factors in organic and paid views, watch time and also audience retention.
With YouTube watch time in New Zealand up 60% compared to last year, Kiwis are spending more and more time on YouTube. We look forward to seeing the work that brands create, broadcast and share in 2016.