Posted by Brian Daugherty, Product Solutions Engineer
What does this mean for you?
- Evaluate if you are affected by the deprecation.
- Complete your migration before March 31, 2023, after which the Google Platform Library will no longer be available for download. If you’re making the switch, we’ve provided a Sign In With Google migration guide to help you out.
Are you affected?
apis.google.com/js/platform.js), you are affected and need to migrate to the newer Sign In With Google client library.
Your suite of apps and platforms may be using the Google Platform Library to support authentication only flows for user sign-in, an authorization flow for data-sharing (for example, sharing a user’s calendar or photos), or both at the same time. The migration includes both authentication and authorization flows.
Your suite of apps and platforms may also be using multiple methods of authentication and authorization offered by Google. The following are NOT affected by this deprecation announcement:
- Android or iOS native app SDKs,
- apps or platforms directly calling Google’s OAuth2 or OpenID services.
Changes and benefits
- Low-friction user sign-in and sign-up.
- Providing your users with a consistent sign-in experience across the web.
Examples of what users will see:
See the Google Identity Services product announcement for more.