What’s in the beta?
For the beta, you have the ability to manage search campaigns from creation all the way to reporting. By getting in early, you’ll get to:
- Integrate newer technologies like gRPC or JSON REST into your product sooner.
- Provide feedback when requested on the beta in order to influence the new Google Ads API.
- Try out features such as the new Google Ads Query Language that gives more querying flexibility.
- Start using the API to query metrics with the accompanying resources and then mutate those resources. For example, you can query all the keywords that have zero impressions and then immediately mutate those keywords to change their bids.
- Creating, updating, and removing search campaigns.
- Managing campaign budgets.
- Managing ad groups in search campaigns.
- Managing 5 different kinds of ads in search campaigns.
- Setting shared and portfolio bidding strategies.
- Setting up targeting using keywords in search campaigns.
- Retrieving detailed advertiser information.
- Reporting on various metrics for search campaigns.
How do I join the beta?
Anyone with an existing developer token can apply to join this beta by submitting an application. People who join the beta are expected to submit feedback in order to help us make improvements.
Once you are approved, start with the Get Started guide, and get familiar with our other guides. We’ve also created client libraries for Java, C#, and Ruby with examples to help get you started.
Where do I learn more?
To get started with the API, our team has put together resources: forum.