As HTML5 becomes increasingly critical for building effective digital campaigns, we want to make sure that you have the resources you need to successfully make the transition to HTML5.
We’re dubbing next week “HTML5 Week,” and we’ll be hosting hangouts and training events and releasing new resources to help you make the switch.
Monday - July 20th
- Google Web Designer Fundamentals Certification Exam launches: To go alongside our DoubleClick Studio HTML5 certification exam, we’ll be launching a Google Web Designer certification exam that teaches you the ins and outs of building HTML5 ads with the tool. Block off an hour for Monday to take the exam and develop the expertise you need to use Google Web Designer to the fullest. Check back on our certification page on Monday to take the exam.
Tuesday - July 21st
- “Making the transition to HTML5” Hangout on Air: Building ads in HTML5 is now more important than ever to ensure your campaigns run effectively across screens and browsers. Join us for a conversation about the state of the industry and ecosystem around HTML5, as we discuss the challenges that people face in making the transition to HTML5 and provide resources and tools for helping you make the transition for your own campaigns. RSVP here. [12pm ET / 9am PT]
- David Evans, Founder of the creative agency Hook Studios
- Brian Hoskins, Senior Manager, Digital Technology Development and Integration at ESPN
- Jonathan Marino, Creative Specialist, Google
- Moderator: Jeff Sundheim, Creative Account Executive, Google
- “How to build HTML5 ads: A step-by-step workshop” Hangout on Air: Many agencies and advertisers are still building campaigns in Flash, but we’re here to help you start building in HTML5 today. Join us for a live Hangout on Air workshop, where we’ll deep dive into the tools and resources available to build rich, impactful, beautiful ads. Bring your own creative assets and follow along as we walk through different creative formats and tackle complex ads with ease. RSVP here. [5pm ET / 2pm PT]
- HTML5 Immersion Day NYC: Designers and developers are invited to this half day workshop (12pm-3pm) in the Google NYC office. Bring your laptop and sit with our Creative Specialists to learn how to execute a campaign in HTML5, leveraging Google Web Designer and DoubleClick Studio. Please reach out to your DoubleClick Rep to RSVP if you’re interested.
- Can’t make it on the 23rd? There will be two other Immersion Days in NYC: Monday, July 27th (10am-1pm) and Thursday, July 30th (10am-1pm).
- Not based in NYC? We’ll also be hosting Immersion Days in LA on July 27th from 1:30-3:30pm and Aug. 10th from 2-4pm; San Francisco on July 28th from 1:00-3:30pm; and Chicago on August 12th from 1-3pm. Please contact your DoubleClick Rep if you’d like to join.
- New Google Web Designer Landing Page: Launching on the Rich Media Gallery, this page will contain instructions for building and using custom components and templates in Google Web Designer.
Posted by Becky Chappell, Product Marketing Manager, DoubleClick and Google Web Designer