For select Google Workspace editions, you can set your Google Meet video resolution to 1080p. This resolution is available on the web when using a computer with a 1080p camera and enough computing power in meetings with two participants. The new high definition resolution is off by default — eligible users will be prompted before entering the meeting about the new 1080p option, or it can be turned on or off via the settings menu.
Note that additional bandwidth is required to be able to send 1080p video — Meet will automatically adjust the resolution if the device is bandwidth constrained.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature. Our Help Center has more information regarding bandwidth usage for 1080p video calls.
- End users: This feature is OFF by default and can be enabled by the user. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to enable 1080p in Meet.
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Starter, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, Education Plus, Enterprise Essentials and Frontline customers
- Also available to Google One subscribers with 2TB or more storage space with eligible devices.
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Education Fundamentals, Frontline, Nonprofits, and G Suite Basic and Business customers.
- Not available to users with personal Google Accounts.