It's time to celebrate. More than 150 YouTube creators from all over the world got together to relive not just the best moments of 2015, but also some of the most memorable viral clips from YouTube history (hey, it’s still our 10th birthday year for a few more days yet …). The result: the 2015 installment of our annual Rewind video, featuring everything from YouTube dance prodigies, some of your favourite TV personalities, an epic plastic ball fight, and even a remix from Avicii.
Here are the top trending videos for 2015 in Australia, based on the amount of time people spent watching, sharing, commenting, liking, and more. This year, the list represents the amazing variety of creativity brought to YouTube each day, including social commentary, pranks, movie trailers, and hilarious moments from traditional media and big names on YouTube.
Given the interest in the recent launch of the YouTube Kids app in Australia, it’s no surprise to see that a video from Peppa Pig took out the top spot this year. Four global television moments also made the top Trending Videos list in Australia, paying homage to widely popular YouTube trends including lip sync battles, in-car singalongs, and the reading of mean tweets.
1. Peppa Pig - 9 Episode Compilation 2! by theofficialpeppa
2. Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon by latenight
3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2 by starwars
4. Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke by TheLateLateShow
5. Mean Tweets - Music Edition #2 by JimmyKimmelLive
6. Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Official) by starwars
7. The Dangers Of Social Media (Child Predator Social Experiment) Girl Edition! by zipkid99
8. Wheel of Musical Impressions with Christina Aguilera by latenight
9. Fast & Furious Nerd Shocks Instructors by mxmantv
10. Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!! by RomanAtwood
When it comes to music, 2015 saw some of our fastest-rising videos of all time. Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" reached over 1 billion views in just 6 months and Adele reached the year's top 10 in just a few weeks. The top 10 music videos collectively have more than 68 million subscribers, and these videos have collectively amassed more than 6 billion views in 2015.
1. Wiz Khalifa - See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Official Video] Furious 7 Soundtrack
2. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar
3. Maroon 5 - Sugar
4. Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (Official Video)
5. Adele - Hello
6. Sia - Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler (Official Video)
7. Taylor Swift - Style
8. Major Lazer & DJ Snake - Lean On (feat. MØ) (Official Music Video)
9. Silentó - Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Official)
10. Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean?
And if you love staying on top of the most-anticipated new trailers, hottest music videos, and viral clips from YouTube creators, today we unveil the new YouTube Trending tab. This new tab in your YouTube app delivers the top trending videos directly to your Android, iOS, and desktop device. It's the best way to catch the videos, creators, and trends that people watch, share, and talk about each and every day. See 'em as they take off and before they appear in YouTube Rewind 2016. And for more Rewind fun, check out the YouTube Rewind channel!
Posted by Kevin Allocca, Head of Culture & Trends, and the YouTube Rewind team, who recently watched “YouTube Rewind: Now Watch Me 2015 | #YouTubeRewind”