Here are the top trending videos for 2014 in New Zealand, based on views, shares, comments, likes and more. This year, the list represents the amazing variety of creativity brought to YouTube each day, including social commentaries, pranks, advertisements, and thrilling moments from traditional media and big names on YouTube. Collectively these 10 videos have hundreds of millions of views and more than 16 million cumulative subscribers who regularly return to check out their latest vids.
- FROZEN - Let It Go Sing-along | Official Disney HD
- Bars & Melody - Simon Cowell's Golden Buzzer act | Britain's Got Talent 2014
- Wheels On The Bus | Plus Lots More Nursery Rhymes | 54 Minutes Compilation from LittleBabyBum!
- Look Up
- Mutant Giant Spider Dog (SA Wardega)
- Safety in Paradise #airnzsafetyvideo
- FIRST KISS
- Giant Princess Egg Kinder Surprise Disney Frozen 3D Olaf Elsa Anna Giant Minnie Mickey Play Doh Eggs
- BEST CLASSROOM APRIL FOOLS PRANK EVER
- Lip Sync Battle with Emma Stone
When it comes to music in New Zealand this year, it was all about the bass. 2014 was a year of powerful female artists, as you can see from our list of top music videos where women artists took seven of the top 10 spots. The top 10 music videos were collectively played billions of times.
- Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
- Iggy Azalea - Fancy (Explicit) ft. Charli XCX
- Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
- Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
- Katy Perry - Dark Horse (Official) ft. Juicy J
- Chris Brown - Loyal (Explicit) ft. Lil Wayne, Tyga
- Sia - Chandelier (Official Video)
- Ariana Grande - Problem ft. Iggy Azalea
- Jason Derulo - "Wiggle" feat. Snoop Dogg (Official HD Music Video)
- Sam Smith - Stay With Me
Check out our YouTube Rewind channel for more top videos of the year from around the world, and our main YouTube channel to see a mashup of the top branded videos of the year and a list of the top ads YouTube for the year. Be sure to visit google.com/yearinsearch and check back at our blog next week for Google's annual look at the people, places and events that captured the world's attention.