This year, Korean Pop music transcended boundaries and took the world by storm. Cover songs, parodies, and "do-it-yourself" music videos from all genres entertained us in countries near and far. Aussies participated in conversations at a global scale, uploading videos to share ideas on everything from nonprofit campaigns, to political satire, to new and surprising voices and talents. And all over the world, we tuned in for the most up-to-date news footage of presidential elections, natural disasters and more.
2012 has been a big year for YouTube. Globally, we’ve been watching over 4 billion hours of video a month. Millions of creators are using YouTube channels to experiment with innovative forms of entertainment, explore their passions and interests, take creativity and pop culture to new levels. 2012’s top trending videos showcase this creative ingenuity in ways we'd never before thought possible.
Check out Australia’s top trending videos for 2012 below:
- PSY - GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일) M/V
- KONY 2012
- Somebody That I Used to Know - Walk off the Earth (Gotye - Cover)
- Bella Ferraro - Auditions - The X Factor 2012
- Gangnam Style parody "Aussie Battler Style" by Fitzy and Wippa
- Call Me Maybe parody - Aussie blokes version
- Surprise! Britney Learns 'Gangnam Style' from Psy!
- Fallen Kingdom - A Minecraft Parody of Coldplay's Viva la Vida (Music Video)
- Awkward Train Situations #2
- Loosest Aussie Bloke Ever [explicit]
Posted by Kevin Allocca, YouTube trends manager