Over the past 12 months Korean Pop transcended boundaries and took the world by storm. Cover songs, parodies and truly epic events entertained us in countries near and far. You participated in conversations at a global scale, uploading videos to share ideas on everything from nonprofit campaigns to political satire to new and surprising voices and talents. Plus, all over the world, you tuned in for the most up-to-date news footage of elections, natural disasters and more.
2012 has been a big year for YouTube. You’ve been watching more than 4 billion hours of video a month. Millions of creators are using YouTube channels to experiment with innovative forms of entertainment, explore their passions and interests, and take creativity and pop culture to new levels. 2012’s top trending videos and top channels showcase this creative ingenuity in ways we'd never before thought possible.
Check out the YouTube Rewind channel to explore the trending videos of the year and popular channels in your country. For the UK, here’s what we were all talking about in 2012:
Top Trending YouTube Videos
- PSY - GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일) M/V
- KONY 2012
- Somebody That I Used to Know - Walk off the Earth (Gotye - Cover)
- Lucy Spraggan's audition - Last Night - The X Factor UK 2012
- One 1 Pound Fish, Queens Market, Upton Park, London E13
- Red Bull Stratos - freefall from the edge of space - SUCCESS!
- Opera duo Charlotte & Jonathan - Britain's Got Talent 2012 audition - UK version
- The Nick Clegg Apology Song: I'm Sorry (The Autotune Remix)
- James Bond escorts The Queen to the opening ceremony - London 2012 Olympic Games - BBC
Jayme Goldstein, YouTube marketing, recently watched "Laurent Garnier B2B Yousef in the Mixmag DJ Lab".