There are less than three weeks left before the final project submission date of June 28, 2016 by 5:00PM PST. As we mentioned last week, your team should be focused on the final details of your project like wrapping up your business report, and promoting your app. Be sure to check out the Marketing section of the App Development Business Kit on the AdMob website, but the most important part of app promotion is having an awesome app store listing. Here are some tips to make sure you do:
- Use high-quality screenshots: Many users view screenshots before downloading an app to see what they’re getting. Make sure the screenshots in your listing give the user a good overview of the major app screens and be authentic; make sure they’re accurate and up to date.
- Build word of mouth and choose good keywords: Recommendation from family & friends, app stores, and search engines are where users discover new apps.
- Write the perfect description:
- Write for your audience.
- State its purpose up front and include 2-3 of the app’s best features.
- Highlight great reviews and testimonials, from users once you get them.
- Be clear about its limitations, and don’t describe anything that your app cannot legitimately do.
Posted by Jeff Miner
AdMob Student App Challenge Team