Earlier this year, we announced an improved user interface for sharing your working location in Google Calendar. Starting today, you will be able to set your working location without having to first enable this feature in your Calendar settings.
- Admins: Working Location is ON by default and can be disabled at the domain or OU level. Current settings for your domain will remain the same unless updated in the Admin console. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning working location on or off for your organization.
- End users: Unless disabled by your admin, this feature will be ON by default. There will be no major visual changes to your calendar unless you set your working location. Visit the Help Center to learn more about setting your working location.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 26, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility starting on August 10, 2022
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Education Plus, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Nonprofits, as well as legacy G Suite Business customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, and Frontline, as well as legacy G Suite Basic customers
- Not available to users with personal Google Accounts