We received hundreds of ideas from non-profits across France and were blown away by the creativity, passion, and innovation we saw in the submissions. It was tough to narrow the field, but today we’re happy to share the 10 finalists and ask for your help in choosing which non-profit should receive a €500,000 grant and mentoring from Google to help bring their project to life. Cast your vote now at g.co/impactchallengefrance.
The 10 finalists are:
- 1001fontaines is developing an entrepreneur-driven network of water purification stations in rural areas to give people access to clean water.
- Agence du Don en Nature is enabling consumer product donations directly on e-commerce sites and redistributing them to populations in need.
- Banque Alimentaire du Rhône is building a matching platform for retailers to share unsold food directly with nonprofits to fight against hunger and food waste.
- Libraries without Borders is rolling out the Ideas Box, a portable media center that provides access to information, education and culture for refugees emerging from humanitarian crisis situations.
- My Human Kit is enabling people in need of prosthetics to have access to low-cost, open-source 3D printed models.
- Jaccede.com is crowdsourcing accessibility ratings of public places to empower people living with a physical disability.
- MakeSense is building a platform to enable social entrepreneurs to tap into the skills and talent of the community to help them scale their ideas.
- Ticket For Change is developing a unique online curriculum to help social entrepreneurs more quickly realise their ideas.
- Voxe.org is developing an app that will reengage citizens in politics by providing tailored political information.
- Y Generation Education is creating a unique online vocational education training curriculum for underprivileged youth.
Your votes will help decide which of these projects gets up and running in a big way. Vote now for the ideas that most inspire you, and stay tuned for the announcement of the winners on October 8th. Good luck to all of the finalists!