What’s changingAdmins can now view Cloud Search usage information via charts in the Admin console and using the Stats API.
Who’s impactedAdmins only
Why it’s importantPreviously, admins only had limited visibility into the usage of Cloud Search within their domains. Now, they have greater insight into things like how often applications are being used and whether all the content they need indexed is accessible.
How to get started
- In the Admin console, two types of reports are available: User Activity and Data Source. Visit our Help Center to learn how to view these reports.
- Or, you can see the API reference for details on how to use the API to access these stats programmatically.
- End users: No action required.
Additional detailsSpecifically, you’ll be able to view Cloud Search data around active users, query volume, and number of searches. Note: these stats will be available immediately through the Stats API. Rollout details for the Admin console can be found below in the Availability section.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 9, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 9, 2019
G Suite editions
- Available to G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education, as well as standalone Cloud Search Platform customers
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite for Education, and G Suite for Nonprofits
On/off by default?
- This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches