You can now apply contextual access rules to the Admin console. This enables you to control access to the Admin console based on user and device context. For example, you can enable restrictions based on IP, minimum device operating system version, and more. This can improve your security posture and reduce the risk of incorrect access to your Admin console.
- Admins: Use our Help Center to see a context-aware access overview and learn more about managing context-aware access to the Admin console.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 11, 2022
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Standard, Education Plus, and Cloud Identity Premium customers.
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers.