For select Google Workspace editions, admin can now trigger an on demand sync between Apple DEP and Google Mobile Device Management (MDM) servers for company owned devices. Additionally, they will also be able to see when this sync was last triggered.
While this sync takes place automatically once every several hours, admins can now request this sync on demand for time sensitive needs. For example, admins can use this option to start a sync immediately for sensitive inventory changes on Apple devices.
The “Sync DEP Devices” option in the Admin console under Devices > Mobile and endpoints > iOS Settings > Apple certificates.
- Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about setting up and managing company-owned iOS device management.
- End users: There is no end user action required.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on July 12, 2022
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals,Frontline, and Nonprofits, Cloud Identity Free, or G Suite Basic and Business customers