On Thursday, August 31st, 2017, in accordance with the deprecation schedule, v201608 of the DFP API will be sunset. At that time, any requests made to this version will return errors.
If you’re still using this version, now’s the time to upgrade to the latest release and take advantage of new features like support for creating ImageOverlayCreatives, Partner companies, new team actions, and the change history table. To do so, check the release notes to identify any breaking changes, grab the latest version of your client library, and update your code.
Significant changes include:
- Reporting dimensions and columns are now at parity with Ad Exchange.
- Editing AdUnit assignments to Placements now happens in the Placement service.
- AdUnit.inheritedAdSenseSettings has been replaced with AdUnit.adSenseSettings and AdUnit.adSenseSettingsSource.
- The AdUnit fields mobilePlatform, partnerId, isSharedByDistributor, and crossSellingDistributor have been removed.
- Placement fields adSenseTargetingLocale, isAdsenseTargetingEnabled, targetingDescription, targetingSiteName, and targetingAdLocation have been removed to align with the UI.
- Company.Type enumerations AFFILIATE_DISTRIBUTION_PARTNER and CONTENT_PARTNER have been removed.
- CrossSellingDistributor has been removed.
- Added actions to support programmatically activating and deactivating teams.
This is not an exhaustive list, so as always, don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. To be notified of future deprecations and sunsets, join the DFP API Sunset Announcements group and adjust your notification settings.