The 2018 Google.org Impact Challenge aims to help Australian nonprofits and social enterprises that are finding new ways to address some of our most challenging problems - from education and economic opportunity to social inclusion.
Today, I’m pleased to announce the panel of esteemed judges, with a wealth of experience across community investment and innovation, who will help select the 2018 winners. Judges include:
- Professor Alan Finkel AO - Australia's Chief Scientist, entrepreneur, engineer, neuroscientist, philanthropist and educator;
- Professor Tom Calma AO - Chancellor of the University of Canberra, Co-Chair of Reconciliation Australia and Aboriginal elder from the Kungarakan tribal group;
- Su McCluskey - Commissioner of the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research and respected Chairman and Director of listed public companies and nonprofit entities;
- Dr Sarah Pearson - Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Chief Innovation Officer;
- Morris Iemma - District Commissioner of the Greater Sydney Commission and 40th Premier of NSW;
- Jacquelline Fuller - Vice President, Google and President of Google.org; and
- Anil Sabharwal - Vice President of Product, Google.
These judges will review applications and hear live pitches from ten finalists at an event in November to determine the winners. All Australians will be invited to vote for their favourite idea.
Nonprofits and social enterprises have until 6 July 2018 to apply. Get involved today and help support Australia’s forward thinkers!