Quick launch summary
We’re updating the presenter toolbar in Google Slides to feature the controls you need while presenting, ensuring a better, less intrusive experience for presenters and presentation viewers.
When presenting, now you’ll see options for:
- Selecting the previous or next slide,
- Select any slide from the picker,
- The three-dot overflow menu, which will open options for opening speaker notes, auto play, caption preferences, and more.
Additionally, we’ve reduced the size of the trigger zone for the presenter bar in order to minimize distractions or obstruction of your content.
We heard from our customers that the old presenter toolbar in Google Slides was getting in the way of content and creating a distraction for presenters and their audience. As a result, we have condensed the presenter toolbar down to the controls you need most so that now you can present with confidence, We hope these improvements help you present and engage with your audience more confidently, without worrying about potential disruptions.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about presenting in Google Slides.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts