Quick launch summary
Google Meet now supports SRTP in TLS on mobile, which increases overall compatibility and helps ensure a higher quality video meetings with Google Meet.
In addition, Meet is introducing support to UDP port 3478 to deliver media (note that existing ports 19302–19309 deliver media as well).
- Admins: If you already use Meet today, configure your network to support Meet on port 3478. Note: If the port is blocked, Meet will fallback to port 19302–19309. If you use DPI technology on port 443, add the corresponding user SNIs to the allowlist:
- Google Workspace admins: Meet traffic over TLS and port 3478 will use the same fixed IP range dedicated for Google Meet in Google Workspace domains.
- Non-Google Workspace admins: Meet traffic over TLS and port 3478 will use the fixed IP range dedicated for non-Google Workspace users.
- End users: No end-user impact.
Meet traffic over TLS
- This feature is available now.
Meet traffic over port 3478:
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) beginning on April 26, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers