For select Google Workspace editions, we’re adding two new features in Gmail which you can use to easily send professional-looking emails to large audiences:
- Layouts: You can select from a predefined set of email templates, which feature images, text elements, and buttons. You can further customize these templates with your own color schemes, logos, images, footer text, and links. Layouts: You can select from a predefined set of email templates, which feature images, text elements, and buttons. You can further customize these templates with your own color schemes, logos, images, footer text, and links.
- Multi-send: This feature allows you to send mass emails without the need to BCC all recipients. By default, multi-send emails include an unsubscribe link unique to each recipient — anyone who unsubscribes is automatically excluded from future multi-send emails from you.
Additionally, we are introducing an Admin setting to control whether these features are on or off for your users. The admin settings are rolling out now, allowing time to configure availability for their end users in advance. See below for more information.
These features are only available for Gmail on the web at this time.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use them
We hope these features allow you to quickly and easily create announcements, newsletters, and other mass-email scenarios. Additionally, your recipients will have the ability to unsubscribe from future multi-send emails.
- Layouts: This feature is ON by default and at the domain level. You can turn layouts on or off for specific domains, OUs, or groups.
- For Google Workspace Enterprise Starter and above, as well as Google Workspace for Education customers, this feature is restricted to internal recipients by default.
- For Google Workspace Business and Nonprofit customers, multi-send is available by default for external recipients.
- For all Google Workspace editions, you can turn multi-send ON for external recipients at the OU or Group level
- These feature launches do not impact the existing send quotas for users.
- If your organization has disabled Google Drive, Gmail layouts are turned off automatically.
- Visit the Help Center to learn more about managing Gmail settings for your users, customizing access policies for different organizational units or groups.
- End users: If enabled by your admin, visit the Help Center to learn more about using layouts and multi-send in Gmail.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 28, 2022
End user functionality
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 8, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 22, 2022
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Starter, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Standard, Education Plus, Nonprofits, Workspace Individual, and legacy G Suite Basic customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Education Teaching & Learning, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, and Frontline customers as well as legacy G Suite Business customers