We’ve added a new drill-down view in Meet Quality Tool that shows additional details on connection endpoint level. By clicking an endpoint in the meeting timeline, admins can now also view:
- User video mute/unmute activity
- Network protocol changes (UDP, TCP)
- Network connection type (wired, Wi-Fi, cellular connections)
- For participants admitted after knocking, who admitted them
- For participants who were ejected from the meeting, who ejected them
- End-of-call quality rating (when submitted)
For still ongoing meetings, the timeline and drill-down are loaded with near-real-time values.
Why it’s important
A combination of many technical factors and activities affect the perceived quality of a meeting. This additional level of information about meetings helps admins become more effective in improving the meeting quality for their users.
Admins: These new details are available by default when viewing any meeting in the Meet Quality Tool. You can click any connection endpoint in the timeline to bring up the endpoint details view.
Hovering over an event shows additional details and a timestamp for the event.
End users: This feature doesn’t impact end users.
- This feature is available now for all users.
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers