We’re making it easy to collaborate on an email draft in Docs with the new email draft template. You can mention people in the recipient fields using the @ menu without having to remember their email addresses, and collaborate on the message body using comments and suggestions. When ready to send, simply click the button that is shown alongside an email draft. A Gmail compose window will pop up, with email fields (subject, to, cc, bcc, and body) automatically populated based on the email draft in the document.
Creating an email draft template
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. To insert an email template, go to Insert > Building Blocks > Email draft
- Rapid Release domains:Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 15, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 22, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers