In 2021, we announced an integration between the Alert Center and VirusTotal. At that time, any admin who had the Alert Center privilege could access all VirusTotal reports. Now, we’ve added the ability for admins to control who can view VirusTotal reports.
Important note: Once this feature is rolled out in your domain, some admins may lose access to VirusTotal. If so, super admins will have to re-provision access by going to Admin Privileges > View VirusTotal Reports.
Why you’d use it
This change will help ensure only those with proper privileges can view VirusTotal reports regarding sensitive data. The VirusTotal integration provides an added layer of investigation on top of existing alerts, empowering admins to take deeper look into threats and potential abuse, helping them better protect their organization and data. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using VirusTotal reports in the Alert Center.
VirusTotal provides an investigation layer on top of alerts but isn’t being used directly for detection or alerting. No customer information is shared from Google to VirusTotal.
- Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about using VirusTotal reports in the Alert Center and assigning admin privileges.
- End users: There is no end user impact.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 11, 2022
- Available to Google Workspace Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals and Education Plus customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Enterprise Essentials, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers