Posted by April Pufahl, Conversation Designer
Creating Actions for the Google Assistant requires a breadth of design expertise ranging from voice user interface design, interaction design, visual design, motion design, and UX writing that we've refined into a single discipline: conversation design.
Today, we're launching a conversation design site that shares this expertise with you, so you can design Actions using the same principles that guide our teams at Google. Our goals are to help you:
- Craft conversations that are natural and intuitive for users
- Scale your conversations across all devices to help users wherever they are
If you're new to conversation design, you'll learn the basics of the conversation design process and how to determine whether conversation is right for your Action. You'll also get practical tips on how to:
- Gather requirements
- Create system and user personas
- Write sample dialogs
- Draw high level flows
- Test and iterate
- Design for the ways a conversation can deviate from the most common paths by adding handling for errors and other scenarios
- Make sure your feature works as a voice only and a multimodal interaction
By following our conversation design principles, you'll adapt to the communication system users learned first and know best, and in the process, build better Actions.