Back in November, we launched the Google Play Indie Games Contest for developers from 15 European countries, to celebrate the passion and innovation of the indie community in the region. The contest will reward the winners with exposure to industry experts and players worldwide, as well as other prizes that will showcase their art and help them grow their business on Android and Google Play.
Thank you to the nearly 1000 of you who submitted high quality games in all types of genres! Your creativity, enthusiasm and dedication have once again impressed us and inspired us. We had a very fun time testing and judging the games based on fun, innovation, design excellence and technical and production quality, and it was challenging to select only 20 finalists:
Meet the 20 finalists
(In alphabetical order)
Crap! I'm Broke: Out of Pocket
Arcane Circus Netherlands
Salmi GmbH Germany
Happy Hop: Kawaii Jump
Hidden Folks (coming soon)
Adriaan de Jongh Netherlands
Lost in Harmony
Mr Future Ninja (coming soon)
Rusty Lake: Roots
Rusty Lake Netherlands
Amanita Design Czech Republic
The Battle of Polytopia
Midjiwan AB Sweden
Grapefrukt games Sweden
Unworded (coming soon)
Bento Studio France
Check out the prizes
All the 20 finalists are getting:
- The opportunity to exhibit and showcase their game at the final event held at the Saatchi Gallery in London, on 16th February 2017.
- Promotion of their game on a London billboard for one month.
- Two tickets to attend a 2017 Playtime event. This is an invitation-only event for top apps and games developers on Google Play.
- One Pixel XL smartphone.
- YouTube influencer campaigns worth up to 100,000 EUR.
- Premium placements on Google Play.
- Tickets to Google I/O 2017 and other top industry events.
- Promotions on our channels.
- Special prizes for the best Unity game.
- And more!
Come support them at the final event
At the final event attendees will have a say on which 10 of these finalists will get to pitch their games to the jury, who will decide on the final contest winners who will receive the top prizes.
Register now to join us in London, meet the developers, check out their great games, vote for your favourites, and have fun with various industry experts and indie developers.
A big thank you again to everyone who entered and congratulations to the finalists. We look forward to seeing you at the Saatchi Gallery in London on 16th February.